Dental Cleaning In Middletown
Even if you brush and floss every day, your smile may not be at its healthiest if you do not see the dentist every six months for a cleaning. Teeth cleanings are an important part of good oral hygiene, and they can help you avoid more serious dental problems that may result from tooth decay and periodontal disease. If you are due for a dental cleaning, the teeth cleaning team at Hampton Family Dentistry can provide you with affordable, compassionate care with offices in Middletown and Walden. Read on for a closer look at the importance of dental hygiene and the services included with your cleaning visits.
Why Everyone Needs Regular Dental Cleanings
During a professional cleaning, your dental hygienist will use special tools to clean areas that brushing and flossing simply don’t. This will break up any stubborn plaque or tartar underneath the gum line or between teeth, which may threaten your oral health. Routine cleanings also ensure that you are following the right at-home care routine and provide the added benefit of fluoride treatment to fortify the tooth enamel and protect your mouth from cavities. By choosing a family dental practice like Hampton Family Dentistry for your oral health care, you can build a relationship with the dentist and hygienists so that you are able to receive more customized care with every visit, regardless of your age.
What to Expect in Your Dental Cleaning In Middletown
Teeth cleanings typically take about 30-45 minutes, and they will consist of several steps to ensure a healthy smile. At every other cleaning, you may also have an exam with X-rays, evaluation of the gum tissue, and oral cancer screening. Below, you can see the services provided by the hygienist to freshen up your smile and keep you from experiencing more complex oral health issues.
- Plaque and tartar removal – Metal tools will be used to reach tough spots where plaque and tartar can hide. If you have sensitive teeth or it has been a while since your last cleaning, you might ask the hygienist about oral anesthetic that can numb your mouth for greater comfort during your cleaning.
- Polishing of teeth – Once the harder-to-reach areas of your smile are cleaned, your teeth will be polished for an overall clean feeling. Stain removal may also be a part of your cleaning if you have stubborn stains on your teeth or fillings.
- Fluoride application – Fluoride is a key to good oral hygiene, since it will protect the teeth from decay and strengthen the tooth enamel. Fluoride application is often the last step in each visit, and it may limit you from eating or drinking for about 30 minutes after you leave the office.
To schedule an appointment for your dental cleaning in Middletown or Walden, call Hampton Family Dentistry at (845) 344-4336 today or visit our contact us page for more details. We provide care for patients of all ages with periodontal, orthodontic, and restorative dental services available on site.
Why Choose Us?
- Over 30 Years of Experience
- All Dentistry Under One Roof
- Dental Care for the Entire Family
- Free Orthodontic Consultations
- We Offer Interest Free Payment Plans
- Patient Referral Program
- Both Offices Offer a Courtesty Discount for Senior Patients